Fast-growing companies need both expert legal service and strategic business advice. We created Tandem so that business and legal minds could work together like gears on a bicycle, providing integrated service that is far greater than the sum of its parts.
We combine the best minds from law and business to work with clients that we can help the most: innovative young companies that have booked revenue and are looking to scale up their business.
Growing businesses need more than cookie-cutter legal documents. We begin by using our legal and business experience to fully understand a new client’s unique challenges and goals, and then engage in an interactive process to create a coordinated plan to address the challenges and achieve the goals.
- CEO of a NYSE company for seven years
- Youngest CEO in the history of NYSE
- Grew previous company from $3M to over $300M in revenue
- Named “#1 Growth Company in America” by Forbes Magazine
- Previously at: Medifast, Inc.; The Blackstone Group
I created Tandem to help companies grow. I love to work with authentic, self-aware, risk-taking CEOs because that’s what I myself always strive to be. Tandem is a place where success means helping others succeed.
- Ten years of complex litigation in antitrust, appellate, and IP
- F100 clients included Ford, Toshiba, and Singapore Air
- Co-Author of Indirect Purchaser Lawsuits: A State-by-State Survey
- Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Previously at: Latham & Watkins LLP
I spent nearly a decade defending some of the world’s largest companies in antitrust and IP cases, learning from some of the top litigators in the country. The training was incredible, but I wanted more. I created Tandem to work with cool, young companies: the companies that I can help the most.
- Complex litigation and government/internal investigations experience
- Clerkship for Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals (Judge Magill)
- University of Virginia School of Law
- Previously at: WilmerHale LLP
I’m always looking for new avenues to investigate and new ways to investigate the avenues I find. I’m a professional artist as well as a practicing attorney, and I love bringing creativity to problem-solving. At the University of Virginia, I served on the managing board of our flagship law review before clerking for the 8th Circuit.
- Seven years of experience structuring project finance, leveraged acquisitions and emerging companies.
- Formerly General Counsel of a national solar development and finance company
- Managed the development and construction of over 20 renewable energy projects
- Negotiated and executed over $100 million in commercial agreements
- Northwestern University School of Law
- Previously at: Latham & Watkins LLP; General Counsel at Distributed Sun LLC
Having worked deals as both a big-firm lawyer and as in-house counsel, I know which rules counterparties most often try to break. My job is to keep things on the straight and narrow, and to help our clients understand the real effects that legal decisions can have on business.
- Four years as Project Manager for a high-growth Health & Wellness company
- Ten years consulting with various large agencies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Previously at: Medifast, Inc; Deloitte Consulting
After spending most of my career improving efficiencies with large firms and government clients, I began working with passionate young companies and haven’t looked back since. At Tandem, I have an opportunity to utilize my skillset working with equally-driven clients and co-workers. When you’re able to align your goals with the clients you represent, good things always happen.
- Five years consulting experience improving efficiency of management and information technology
- Led engagement teams that created enterprise-level information management systems.
- UNC Business School, MBA Finance & General Management
- Elon University, BS Physics
- Previously with Deloitte Consulting and CGI Group
I have always had an innate need to understand both “how” and “why” things work the way they do, and a passion for coming up with better solutions. I joined Tandem to help company founders and managers find better solutions to the unique challenges that they face. I believe in getting to the point and driving towards goals no matter the obstacles.
Mila helps us maintain the culture that we've worked so hard to create. She reminds us to take our work seriously but not ourselves, to be good to everyone, and to be happy.